I have written to the Government along with my Socialist Campaign Group colleagues – Bell Ribeiro-Addy MP, Zarah Sultana MP & Claudia Webbe MP – calling for an urgent and comprehensive action plan to safeguard and protect the health and wellbeing of all migrants at this difficult time.
This must include:
- Granting all NHS staff fighting the corona virus the indefinite leave to remain
- Ending the No Recourse to Public Funds Policy and ensuring that all migrants have automatic access to resources without fear of detention or deportation
- Amnesty for undocumented migrants
- Scrapping the immigration healthcare surcharge
- Closing all immigration detention centres